Crosstown Baseball policies govern. For more information visit the Crosstown Baseball website at http://www.crosstownbaseball.com/.
Games typically start around the beginning of April, and practices usually start a week or two before that. Games normally are on Saturdays, but there may be occasional weekday games as well. Teams will usually practice for an hour once during the week, based on field and coach availability.
The following is a list of guidelines and procedures that govern the program. The Director must grant exception to any guideline or procedure. Players, coaches, and parents/guardians must adhere to the following guidelines:
AGE LIMITS FOR 2019
7U (Machine Pitch)…………………….YOUTH BORN ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2011
6U (T-Ball/Coach Pitch)……………….YOUTH BORN ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2012
5U (T-Ball)……………………....……..YOUTH BORN ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2013
- Every attempt will be made by the Director to keep the team rosters to a maximum of 12 players. Please recognize that there may be exceptions based upon the number of registrations received.
- Every effort will be made to honor requests for players to play with friends or for certain coaches, based upon the number of registrations and the number of requests. New players will be added to existing rosters from the previous season, to maintain some continuity among the coaches for purposes of teaching basic skills.
- Players may only be added to teams after the registration deadline at the discretion of the Director.
- All players and coaches are expected to attend and be on time for weekly practices and games. We urge that parents provide coaches with 24-hour notice if you anticipate not making a practice or a game, in fairness to the other members of the team and the coach’s time.
- All coaches, including head coaches and assistants, are required to attend VIRTUS and Play Like a Champion training, as mandated by the Diocese of Covington and Blessed Sacrament School. Information on training sessions can be found at http://www.virtus.org/.
- There are to be a minimum of two responsible adults (VIRTUS-trained) at each practice and game.
- Coaches must ensure that all players have parents or designated guardians pick them up at the conclusion of each practice and game. The coach is expected to stay at the practice/game location until all players have been escorted from that location.
- Parents/guardians should be prompt in dropping off/picking up their children, out of courtesy for the coaching staff.
- Crosstown Baseball policies govern. All players will play in the field each inning on defense. The batting order and speed of the game will dictate how many ‘at-bats’ each player receives.
- Defensive players must change positions every inning, to ensure all players have equal opportunity to play both infield and outfield.
COMMUNICATION AND SPORTSMANSHIP
- Players, coaches, and parents/guardians are accountable for their behavior during practices and games. They are expected to display good sportsmanship and a positive attitude towards other players, coaches, and parents/guardians. If unsportsmanlike behavior is displayed, it will be up to the Director to determine whether or not corrective action should be taken. Disrespectful or unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of any player, coach, or parent will not be tolerated.